03 August 2008

Sketch #11

As Kristine would say, "YOUPEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!" There has been so much going on around here this week! Sketchfest was amazing, and the gallery is filled with tons of fabulous layouts and cards from the 25 incredible sketches we were challenged with! Fun, scrappy prizes were awarded, and best of all, many people said they were thrilled to finish "more layouts than [I] have in a long time" because of the Sketchfest challenges! It was great fun, for sure!

And, now onto the fun for this week!

This week's sketch is from Scrappy Donna, who won our Sketch Designer contest! And now, you can enter Scrappy Donna's Sketch Contest if you add your own layout take on her sketch into the gallery by August 10th!


Please welcome our guest designers...

{Amy Staats}


Hello! My name is Amy Staats and I live in Delaware with my husband Tom and our two spoiled rotten chocolate labs, Mandy and Marin. We have no children, but there is a special little girl, Gracie, who is a huge part of our lives and who we spend countless hours with.

I have been crafting and scrapping for many years, but have just recently gotten back into scrapping since I discovered the online scrapbooking community. I have been loving every minute of it since and like many others it has become my passion and my addiction! I love to just sit and be creative!

I am honored to be a guest designer for Creative Scrappers!


Amy's take on this week's sketch:

{Lynn Ghahary}

My name is Lynn Ghahary and I live in Northwest New Jersey with my husband and high school sweetheart Salar and our two wild and crazy boys Darian (almost 4) and Brandon (almost 2.5). I was first introduced to this wonderful hobby by my sister way back in 2000. As a young girl I had always loved to be artsy and creative so scrapbooking was right up my alley and I was hooked immediately!
Unfortunately I didn't have much time to scrapbook as I worked a very demanding full-time job and I did a lot more dabbling and buying supplies for pages I wanted to create than actually using them on layouts I took a break completely in 2004 when my first son was born and didn't really come back to scrapbooking until earlier this year.

Now that I'm back I am here to stay and have been completely in awe at how far this amazing craft has come since we first "met" nearly 8 years ago! The online scrapbooking community is completely new to me but to say I'm addicted is an understatement. I love being able to
connect with other scrappers around the world and have met some of the most amazing women through this hobby. Scrapbooking is so much more to me than just making beautiful layouts. It is my creative outlet -it lets me get in touch with who I am and my goals and dreams for myself and my family - all while preserving our most cherished family photos and memories.

You can visit my blog at http://www.lynnghahary.blogspot.com/ to see what else I've been up to. Or just stop by to say hello! I love meeting new people who share the same passion for scrapbooking as I do! :)

Thanks so much to Kristine for giving me the opportunity to be the Guest Designer for this week's sketch - I had so much fun creating this layout!

Lynn's take on this week's sketch:


{Our Design Team Reveal}Anne Marie Teo


Beckie Dreyer

Nicole Nowosad

Cheri Fletcher

Susan Dup
re
Kristine Davidson
So, there you have it--enough inspiration to get your scrappy, creative juices flowing and motivated for at least a week! Right? Right! Let's get scrapping!


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Oh yes, just in case you' ve noticed...nope, it's not Kristine blogging this. It's just me, the new Blog Coordinator. I'm Taryn, and I'm happy and honored to be part of Creative Scrappers! Please feel free to direct any comments, questions, and suggestions about the blog to me anytime!

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pages, ladies, and congrats to Amy and Lynn! Awesome job to Taryn too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, every single one of those takes is just beautiful and inspiring - thanks girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one amazing sketch - just gorgeous and I cannot wait to use it. The layouts are amazing ladies - I just love the different takes on the same sketch. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful reveal ladies...every layout is just wonderful. I can't wait to get started on this sketch.

    Congrats again, Taryn! The blog looks awesome....Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm new to this site - great sketches & inspiration so I'l be back each week....

    Here's my take on it. A photo of my dog Rosie

    http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/pg.asp?cmd=display&gallery=1&layout_id=1377365

    Thanks for the sketch.

    Suz
    a.k.a. craftysuz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry didn't realize you had a great gallery.... was so excited about completing the sketch/challenge....

    Here's the link in your gallery...

    http://www.creative-scrappers.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-2016

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are some great layouts!
    here is my take

    http://mylifebyaimee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here's the page I created thanks to that awesome sketch... I did a mirror image.

    http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/130527/view/1638151/-1/0/1.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous sketch! I was able to work on this and uploaded it to the gallery!

    ReplyDelete