19 April 2009

Sketch #48

Well hello and happy birthday! Seriously, you are going to LOVE what you see here today! I am restraining myself from running to my scrapbooking desk to let loose all the inspiration and I'm finishing this post for you first. Check it out!

What a great sketch it is, Sketch #48:

Please welcome our Guest Designer
{Frances Sylvia}

Hello my name is Frances Sylvia. By day, I am a Junior High English teacher, and by night, I am a lucky wife of 8 years, mother of 4, and a totally addicted scrapbooker. I have been scrapbooking since high school, where I would cut off the dead space in a photo before I knew the word “cropping” was cool. I love to scrapbook, not by the event, but by what I found to be significant about an event at the time. This ends up producing ridiculous amounts of scrapbooks to store, but who cares!

My greatest inspiration comes from my family and friends in the photos, but I am also inspired by sketches, patterned paper, and what I bought that week from the scrapbook store. I truly believe that I do not have a set style, yet there are some elements I can not leave off a layout these days, such as, hand stitching, distressing, inking, and layering…and more layering. Since my time is mostly devoted to being a wife and mother, I believe that scrapbooking should be FUN!! There is no greater pleasure for me than to enjoy my family, put the kids to bed, and relive the memories that we created once again.

Lastly, I would love to tell Kristine thank you for creating such an awesome site and for letting me show off my work. It is my first guest designer spot and it is such an honor!

You can visit my blog at http://www.francessylvia.blogspot.com/

Frances' take on Sketch #48:
{Design Team Reveal}

Sharon Suchoronzcak

Tanya Lamo

Birgit Moosbauer

Stephanie Hart

Dinah Maningat

Bonnie Wellink

Kristine Davidson

Sue Mylde

Lady Grace Elefano

Jamie Harder

See, you're ready to rock and roll at your scrap table now, aren't you?! Just make sure you are around tonight when all the fun starts for the Birthday Bash! I've had a little peek at some of the challenges, and there are TONS of amazing things to inspire you over the next 2 weeks, fun games, fabulous make & takes, and prizes too! The more the merrier, so please come play!


  1. What an awesome sketch! Congrats Frances on your first GDT spot...you ROCKED it. All the DT layouts are fab-u-lous. Can't wait to use this sketch!

  2. AWESOME work, ladies! I love this sketch! Great inspiration. :)

  3. I just adore the sketch and wowza, the LO's are STUNNING!!! I'm going to try this one!!! LOVE IT!!! Happy Birthday!

  4. Oooh, great sketch for that lace cs I never know what to do with!

  5. This sketch is stunning......I love all the layouts. Great job girls......

  6. Super LOs girlies!!!xoxo
    Sue M (DT)

  7. Hi great sketch and awesome job by the DT,I been following your blogs for a couple of weeks and I finally decided to try it... I put a pic with a link in my blog...come take a look :)

  8. Super layouts DT!
    Tomorrow I go on holiday and I have a lot to do, but I couldn't resist to make this layout, because I love the sketch!
    Here's my take on the challenge....