13 September 2009

Sketch #69

Good Evening Creative Scrappers!

Sorry for the delay in posting. Hubby and I enjoyed a week long vacation in Mexico and just got back late last night. I have been a bit lazy today and trying to get the house organized. We had a fabulous time and I can't wait to start scrappin some of our beach photos. One word to describe our vacation .. HOT! Wowie, thank goodness we had a huge swimming pool to enjoy cause it was well over 100degrees all week, and we are mostly use to 75ish 80ish here in New Brunswick!

We have another fabulous reveal from our designers today. Our sketch this week is byDeb Harter and we have a fabulous scrapbooker featured - Suzanne Torr.
Scroll down to see this week's sketch, meet our guest and view our amazing reveal.

Sketch #69:



Our Guest Designer
Suzanne Torr

Hi there, my name is Suzanne Torr (aka fruitysuet online) and I live in a village in the middle of England – lots of greenery and hills but not too much sunshine!

I have been married to Len for over twenty years and am mum to three children who are the focus of most of my layouts; Josh aged 14, Chiara aged 10 and Mia aged 8. We also have two beautiful British Blue Shorthair cats (or fluff balls as we affectionately call them), two guinea pigs and two goldfish.

I discovered scrapbooking in May 2004. I found a craft shop which offered evening classes and thought it would be fun to do something for myself on the one night of the week I wasn’t taxi’ing everyone else to their classes! The choice was patchwork or scrapbooking. I sat in on one of the scrapbooking classes and was totally hooked on the idea.


I adore playing with patterned paper (my totally favourite scrapbooking supply) and telling the story through pictures and words. Then when I discovered a local scrapbook supply store, nearby crops and online forums there was no going back – I love the social aspect of it all as well as the opportunity for creating. But, most of all, I love that playing with beautiful supplies and re-living fond memories is so therapeutic and helps me focus on the good things in life.


I have been published in several UK magazines and was on the Design Team for Creative Scrapbooking before it ceased publication. I was runner up in the Making Memories Idol competition for 2007 and am currently on the Design Team for UK retailer A Trip Down Memory Lane.

I’m thrilled to have been chosen to Guest Design here at Creative Scrappers. I have recently been introduced to the site by Debbie Nicholas (currently on the Design Team here) and find the sketches and Design Team creations so inspirational.

My blog – A Bowl of Cherries – is at www.fruitysuet.blogspot.com



Suzanne's Reveal with Sketch 69


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

{Design Team Reveal}


Amy Gaskins


Ashley Smith


Jamie Harder



Martha Rice



Mia Castrillo


Michelle Crawford


Tara Orr




Don't forget that we have My Creative Classroom as our sponsor for the month of September. Just by completing 1 layout you have a chance of winning a 25$ gift certificate!

To Win all you need to do is complete a layout from sketches 68-69-70-71
and post it in our gallery by October 3rd, A random draw will be held from all entries received.


Have a scrappy week!



4 comments:

  1. wauwww great work girls.
    bye bye,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beutiful work from the dt and guest!!! i love the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Layouts. The sketch is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw that sketch 70 is private, this means we don't allowed to participated with it?

    ReplyDelete