08 January 2012

Sketch #190

Good Morning Creative Scrappers!

It's 2012 and a New Year to start creating with sketches perhaps?!
Today we have a great sketch from Amarylis - get out those Christmas pics and start scrappin!


Hi, my name is Karen. I live with my husband Chris and 5 children, Ashlee, Matthew, Samuel, Jack and Harrison, in Victoria, Australia, where we own and run a large cropping farm. In a former life, I was a nurse, but I am very fortunate now to be a stay at home Mum. I am completely obsessed with scrapbooking, and spend any spare time I have in my little scrap room.

I started scrapbooking about 10 years ago. My Grandmother had recently passed away, and had left us with a huge box of old photos, we didn’t know who half the people were in the photos, and I found it very sad that these people were my family, and I would never know them, or their stories. I didn’t want that to happen to my family photos and stories after I was gone. Not long after that, I stumbled on a scrapbook magazine in a newsagency, and the rest is history. My only regret is I didn’t start scrapping earlier, when my eldest child was a baby, it certainly would have changed the way I took photos.

My scrapping style has evolved and changed a lot, and is still changing. I suppose if I had to give it a name, I would say “shabby chic vintage” I love flowers and bling, and am especially fond of creating my own embellishments. I love the world of online scrapbook galleries, blogs and forums, and have met some amazing women online, who I now consider to be very dear friends.

I am very fortunate to be on 2 magazine design teams, “Scrapbook magazine UK” and “Australian Scrapbook Ideas ‘here in Australia. I am also a proud member of the Zva Creative and a few other design teams. My work is published regularly in all the Aussie magazines, as well as Creating Keepsakes.

I am very honoured and excited to be the guest designer for Creative Scrappers this week.
A big thank you to Kristine for having me.

Karen
http://karenshady.blogspot.com/

To win a prize package from our January sponsor The Paper Bakery you simply need to complete at least one layout from our sketches # 189-190-191-192 and upload it using our inLinkz at the bottom of our reveals.

The deadline to submit your layout(s) is January 31 2012

Enjoy your week!
Kristine


************************


14 comments:

  1. Congrats Karen on your GD position your pages is adorable. All the layouts by the designers are gorgeous and very inspirational can't wait to see what other come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a verry nice sketch....Mine is already in the gallery :-)

    Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super sketch and reveals, such talent :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. your LOs are fantastic ladies ! thanks for your creativity !

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I am a fan Karen!!! How wonderful to see you branching out and sharing your beautiful work

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the lovely welcome ladies :) Im honoured to be here....

    a big thanks to Dara for the constant support xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats Karen what a stunning take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous layouts ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. welcome Karen,your layout is stunning !!! Great reveal ladies !!! So happy to create with you all !!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats Karen! I love your work :) Cheers gal!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Karen, your take on the sketch was such an inspiration!! I had to recreate your banner!! Congrats my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. FUN FUN FUN! I am so glad I found you Creative Scrappers! I LOVE a good challenge! Just uploaded mine!

    ReplyDelete