22 January 2012

Sketch #192

Good Morning Creative Scrappers!

It's a new day, a new reveal and wow it's almost CHA time! Have you been drooling over the new goodies being released this season? Me? Yes I sure have!!! Christy Tomlinson, Bella, Jillibean, and October Afternoon will certainly have a share of my yearly income !! ;-)
What about using this sketch and some of your scraps? or older papers maybe to make room for some new products !??!

Enjoy our reveal and our next Creative Call has been posted! this is your chance to be a CS Designer ;-)

Hello! I’m Cheryl! First up, I’d like to say a huge thank you to Kristine and Creative Scrappers – for starting off my 2012 with the happy news that I get to guest on this blog, and for constantly providing superbly inspiring layouts from their endlessly talented Design Team.

I’m a freelance editor, recently married, living in the interesting (e.g. it’s very green, yet also very grey) city of Brussels in Belgium with my husband and our fun but too-wild dog. I enjoy baking, interior designing, going for walks in the countryside, travelling, getting to know my camera better, and of course, crafting. I’ve also started singing with my husband’s band – an attempt to shake off my timidity, it seems to be working!

But back to scrapping. I started scrapbooking in a very amateur way about 5 or 6 years ago, after my mum handed me down some of her stash. I’d always made my own cards, but this was a new challenge to me, and it took me a long time to get on board. But then we left the UK and moved to the European mainland, and I set up my blog so that I could more easily share my creations with my mum. Suddenly I was exposed to the online community – active, supportive, motivating and inspiring but also quite daunting and intimidating at first. Slowly I became immersed in this community and am now an active member of it.

I love scrapbooking 12 x 12 and 8.5 x 11 pages, but what I really love to do is make mini (or not so mini!) albums. I like the freedom they permit in terms of layout and style, and this statement best reflects my own style, I think. My style is always evolving, but I really like to be free to layer, to use found objects like flyers and tickets, to apply paint and ink and find textures, and generally to make my creations a true feast for the eyes. Scrapbooking, in contrast, reigns me back in and challenges me to use these principles but in a more controlled way. I am constantly in search of the white space on my layouts.

These days I’m fairly pressed for time, so I mostly turn to sketches when I come to make a layout. And that’s where Creative Scrappers comes into play – time and again they’ve saved me hours of frustration by providing me with a sketch every week. So, thanks again to Kristine for giving me guest spot this week! I hope you all like my take on the sketch!

LinkCheryl x


To win a prize package from our January sponsor The Paper Bakery you simply need to complete at least one layout from our sketches # 189-190-191-192 and upload it using our inLinkz at the bottom of our reveals.

The deadline to submit your layout(s) is January 31 2012

Enjoy your week!



  1. Loved the sketch!
    Beautiful pages!!:))

  2. Great reveal Lady's!!
    And Marie-anne you rock!!

  3. Sooooo inspiring, tks Kristine and designers:))

  4. Yes, I am drooling over all the new CHA goodies too!!!
    Fabulous reveal ladies!!!!

  5. WOW! amazing layouts ladies, and very interesting to read about you Cheryl.

  6. your LOs are so amzing ! love them all !

  7. Beautiful pages girls!!!

  8. Great sketch! I always find Cheryl's work inspiring- just LOOK at the fabulous photo!! It's lovely to read more about how she got started- off to start on my version!

  9. Every ladies wear designer sarees in any occasion like birthday party, tea party and many more occasions. Silksarees

  10. Well, just left my lo in your gallery. I had to take part in it, once I loved the sketch!;))

  11. Amazing layouts ladies! Love the sketch!

  12. You could remove my page the 15 (Marek) the bad place!!!! sketch no 191. Thanks !!!


  13. Thank you for this fun sketch! Great way to use up scraps!

  14. Here is my take of the sketch: