19 February 2012

Sketch #196

Good Morning Creative Scrappers!


It's reveal day! Sketch 196 created by Nicole and sadly the last reveal for some of our designers. I would like to say thank you to Amelia, Felicitas, Marielle, Kanga, Mariska, Marianne, Marie and Natasha! You girls rocked our sketches each and every reveal and THANK YOU so much for being part of CS with me!!!

If you participate don't forget to add your layout to the Inlinkz list ;-) Our sponsor this month is Stephanie Hart from My Little Bit of Whimsy !!!
Enjoy the reveal ;-)



Hi I'm Sherri Funk, from Manitoba, Canada. I am a married to the sweetest guy I know, and together we have three girls. It has been 6 years since I discovered the art of documenting my family's story with pretty paper. I love the power of story and believe that we all have one worth leaving behind for future generations. The death of my mom 11 years ago, helped affirm to me how important this hobby is. There was so much I had yet to discover about her when she passed away.

Scrapping is a way for me to ensure my girls have access to the real me: the mother, the wife, the friend. This fun, and fulfilling hobby is a wonderful way to document our real life story, from the big events like our recent trip to Disney World, to the everyday blessings like a wonderful meal shared with friends. I believe there is no better way to capture and document one's story.

When I'm not scrapping I can be found singing in the band at my church, volunteering in my girls' school, working one day a week at my LSS, dancing in an Adult Competitive Tap Class, or designing for an on-line challenge site among other things. You can find me at http://faithandscraphappiness.blogspot.com/ I want to extend a huge thank you to Kristine and her team for inviting me to join them this week, it was truly an honor.

To win a prize package from our February sponsor My Little Bit of Whimsy you simply need to complete at least one layout from our sketches # 193-194-195-196 and upload it using our inLinkz at the bottom of our reveals.The deadline to submit your layout(s) is February 29 2012


Enjoy your week!
Kristine


***********************



13 comments:

  1. wow! this sketch is soo amazing! I feel very inspired. And the layouts are aimply stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout. Sherri, just reading about all you do is inspiring! I loved your point about making sure your kids have access to the real you. I've lost some of that. I scrap about them...need to turn the camera around sometimes. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new sketch, and the team's examples are great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherri, fantastic layout....... love how the color tones of the papers go so well with your photo!! good eye
    ava

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great sketch and LOVE your layout Sherri!!!! Congrats on the guest design spot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab sketch and great layouts everyone! Love especially Sherri's layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so very much for a beautiful sketch challenge!

    Also, all of the DT examples were wonderful! Love them all!

    Thank you!

    www.suzanneroseberrydesign.blogspot.com
    zannierose@earthlink.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous job, Sherri, and congrats to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an awesome sketch and pages! Congrats to Sherri for you guest spot. Love that opage!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is such a great sketch..so versatile and easy to follow! ohhh....and the wonderful samples from the DT...so very inspiring! thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for letting us share our layouts.. Mine IS a very loose interpretation, but I wanted to share because it's a combination of your sketch 196 and a sketch by my df Jenny Evans. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for this great inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I was tired or really excited, when I submitted my page linked the page picture instead of blog post. Here is my blog post http://linnie79.blogspot.com/2012/02/sgd-afternoon-full-of-flying-unicorn.html.

    ReplyDelete