04 January 2017

January Sketch 302 Inspired Layout by Suzanna Lee

Hey there sketch fans! Suzanna here today to share with you my sketch inspired layout based on the latest Creative Scrappers sketch, sketch 302.


This month's sketch created by Kristine features a lot of triangles and multiple pictures. I have been making a conscious effort lately to use more of the millions of pictures I take to tell my story so this sketch is just perfect to help accomplish that mission.


I stayed relatively true to the sketch with all of the background triangles, three pictures and journaling replicating those in the sketch. I shifted the title over somewhat for more balance on the layout given the way I placed the embellishments.


While creating this layout, the goal had been to use up some of a collection pack from Authentique however the theme was rather "my girl" and geared more towards younger girls. This wasn't going to work for my pre-teen. I found some fun support embellishments from Pink Paislee and Lawn Fawn that worked much better.


I should have used Kristine's free cut file to create this layout in order to get more perfectly aligned triangles! They turned out pretty decent but I tell you, I was worried! Did you know that there is a free cut file that will help you to create the background? What a lovely bonus!


Typed journaling is not my norm yet was necessary on this layout. The only paper that would have been suitable for journaling was the pink water color looking piece however the flow of the writing would have disturbed the visual look of the layout. The horizontal paper strips enabled me to keep that flow and almost camouflage the story with the horizontal pattern of the hounds tooth pattern.

This month's Creative Scrappers sponsor is Pinkfresh Studio! If you participate and create something based on sketch #302 be sure to tag us on Instagram with #CreatingWithSketches and also use #CSsketch302 so we know which sketch you used. There are prizes from both Creative Scrappers and Pinkfresh Studio!

Thanks for stopping in today! Be sure to come back through out the month as other members from the design team share their creativity with you!

3 comments: