09 January 2017

Oh Joy - Sketch 302 by Majken Pullin

Hello everyone!  Majken here today to share with you my design take on sketch 302 - isn't it awesome?!  For this month's sketch, I opted to flip it 180 degrees.  Also, the Pinkfresh Studio Oh Joy collection is just gorgeous (they are our sponsor for January!), and the 6x6 paper pad was perfect for the cut file sections.  I also used some embellishments from Oh Joy as well as Fancy Pants Merry & Bright (the puffy dots stickers)...they matched well!  Here's my layout inspired not only by the sketch but also the Oh Joy papers and the font used for that collection.  Take a look.




I used the cut file created for the sketch on a sheet of white textured cardstock, cut papers from the 6x6 pad to fit into the triangles, then sandwiched them on top of a full sheet of white textured cardstock.  I sewed along the cut file for some additional texure.  Cut files and sewing are a favorite combo of mine!



These photos of my kiddos from 2010 are perfect with these gorgeous papers!  I loved tucking in the ephemera and puffy stickers.  I created my own sewn tag using the acrylic "on the nice list" piece to put in the bottom right.  It was fast and easy!  I cut some Oh Joy paper to the same shape as the acrylic shape and sewed!




For the title, I purchased the font "Hello Sunshine" and cut out "Oh Joy" because I was so inspired by the collection's logo!  I used an enamel star as the dot for the "j".




I hope this page has inspired you to get some Christmas photos scrapped!  If you use the sketch, please post to the Creative Scrappers blog using the InLinkz widget.  
For a chance at a prize from Pinkfresh Studio ​please tag us when you share your layout on Instagram to qualify!And don't forget to follow @creativescrappers on Instagram using the hashtag #creatingwithsketches so we can ooh and ahh! Finally, if you are inspired, I'd love you to follow me as well on Instagram and my blog!

Here is sketch 302.




Enjoy all the design team's takes on the sketch throughout the month for even more inspiration.


Have a wonderful January!


Majken

6 comments:

  1. I love this layout too, but was unable to download the cut file. Could you tell me why that might be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't download it either. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you - and glad it's working now! Enjoy the sketch!

    ReplyDelete