07 February 2017

Xoxo / Sketch 303 / Suzanna Lee

Hi there Creative Scrapper and sketch fans! Suzanna here today to share with you my take on this month's sketch! Like a few of the ladies before me and I'm certain a least a few of those to follow, with it being February, I went with a "love-ly" theme!

Here's another look at this month's inspiration;


That is the inspiration up above and below is my finished project based on my interpretation of that sketch.


You can see that I changed things up a bit. Rather than having those lovely horizontal stripes move from far left to far right edge of the layout, I used them in the shape of a heart. I tried to keep the proportions of the stripes, I just angled them a bit in order to simplify the cutting of the strips to mount onto a piece of white cardstock. You can see my whole process in the YouTube video that I created.


This project was created with a hodge podge of goodies; mostly patterned papers from Crate Paper and embellishments from Heidi Swapp. When I'm creating, I like to begin with a "kit" of sorts before the actual scrapping begins. I gather patterned papers and embellishments that compliment the theme or pictures those saving me from rummaging around the stash and being distracted by every little possibility.


It's so fun to see all the different ways that one sketch can be interpreted! We would love to see what you come up with!


Kristine is giving away her latest sketch book (volume 4) as a random drawing at the end of the month!! You want to be sure to play along and not miss out on this wonderful opportunity!



 Thanks for stopping by!

For more for my work you can visit me at one of the following social media "venues";

Please join Creative Scrappers on Instagram and use hashtag #creatingwithsketches / #CSSketch303  to show us what you created!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the video, enjoyed watching your process and the outcome of the layout. Love your interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your layout. Beautiful colors and I like the big heart.

    ReplyDelete