08 March 2017

Sketch 304 - Using 6x6 paper pad by Suzanna Lee - Process Video

Hi Creative Scrapper sketch fans! Suzanna here today to share with you my layout and process based upon this month's fabulous sketch by Kristine! Have you been blown away by all the great things you have seen already? I know I have! And knowing the ladies that follow, there is still a lot more goodness to come!

You have probably already seen the sketch but just in case you need your memory refreshed, here it is;
Lots of right angles and squares. It made me think of my rather large collection of 6x6 paper pads. By large, I mean large in volume. 6x6 paper pads can only be 6x6; no larger, no smaller. LOL! Poor wording choice on my part there! So I set off to create a layout using the sketch and some 6x6 patterned papers from a 6x6 paper pad, or more! This is what I came up with;
You will see if you watch my process video that follows, this is not what I originally did. I am okay with white space but wanted desperately to fill those HUGE gaps of white space. I originally did do that and then pulled it apart and used the frame split on the diagonal as "photo corners" instead. It's still white space but it contains the layout and closes off those corners in the same proportions as the outer most layers.

That "square" wasn't actually square - I had to manipulate a bit for some symmetry. By using my ATG the digital cut file isn't fully stuck down and allows for some fun movement in the layout.


The "odd" shape of journaling spot on the layout adds a little bit of a weight change from the "heavier" photos and the "lighter" journaling spot. It works well with the white background and is an even weight distribution with the arrangement of the patterned papers.
Oh that bunny is so cute! He totally had to live on my page. And that quote from Lady Bird Johnson was just perfect to fill in the banner. I didn't have a purpose for that on the page so was happy to find a short quote that fit perfectly and had relevance to the page.




I created a process video as I was constructing this layout. I would love for you to join me on my YouTube channel and subscribe if you like what you see and don't already subscribe. It's so fun to watch a layout evolve and come together, don't you think?


I hope you are inspired by my process and layout and hope you will share your take on this sketch by adding your link to the March sketch challenge on the blog or on our Instagram page using hashtag #creatingwithsketch and # CSsketch304

Thanks for joining me today!

1 comment:

  1. Perfect for the scenic pictures...love thews cuts...

    ReplyDelete