22 April 2017

Splendid Girl / Sketch 305 / Suzanna Lee

Hey sketch fans! Suzanna here today to share with you my interpretation of this month's sketch, Sketch 305. We are teamed up with The Cut Shoppe this month and were blessed with the ability to use some of Ashley's awesome digital cut files to create with.

I have a YouTube video that shares my creative process and shows you how this layout came together. I will apologize in advance for the shorter voice over than the video. There were some errors in voice over that resulted in me narrating this not once, not twice, not three, but FOUR times. By the fourth take, I was a tad tired of repeating myself. I'm sure, if you are a parent, you understand where I'm coming from. :)

I was pretty literal in my interpretation of this sketch with three clusters as the sketch called for with the same layer configuration. I also used "sprinklings" of smaller embellishments around the clusters. My variations are title placement and only a single picture. In place of the other two pictures, I used chipboard frames which I filled with either journaling or other writing.


The three digital cut file collections that I used from The Cut Shoppe are;
Splendid Spring, Wreathed in Love and Funky Florals. The leafy wreath and flower are perfect substitutes for the circles in the sketch.


The change in title placement was largely due to the fact that I handstitched a border around my outer squares and left more space than I needed between the top and bottom squares. I have to fill that in so the title was a good filler.

Thank you Ashley for sharing your lovely digital cut files with us this month! We would love to see what you create with this sketch! Make sure to share your creations with us on Instagram  -  @CreativeScrappers and link to Us with hashtags #CSSketch305 and #CreatingWithSketches - you can submit your layouts here on our blog as well under the reveal blog post.

Thanks for stopping in today!
Suzanna

2 comments:

  1. lol, the video was great and very helpful. Thanks for sharing and loving your layout.

    ReplyDelete