10 May 2017

Adventure Awaits | by Jinny Newlin

Morning, y'all!  It's Jinny here this morning, sharing my take on Sketch #306.  I tapped into a heap of leftover Citrus Twist Kit goodies, as well as the Plus Sign cut file from the Creative Scrappers Etsy Shop, for my page.  Enjoy!
I started this page by Cameo-cutting the Plus Sign cut file from the textured, ivory cardstock, base page.  I then backed it with a sheet of textured, white cardstock and filled in some of the plus signs with an aqua, hexagon print, before splattering everything with Pink Bubblegum Glimmer Mist, Sky and Piglet Mr. Huey's, and Pure Black and Titanium White acrylic paints.  I then, haphazardly while still sticking to the general placement of things in the sketch, placed my photos, which were matted with white cardstock and backed with a happy mix of prints, some of which were anchored with teal-threaded, straight, machine stitching.  A wax envelope, stuffed with a manila tag, laced with pink twine, tied in a bow, was then tucked under the far right, center photo.
That same photo was topped with a circular, "LOVE THIS PLACE" die cut, popped up with foam tape...
and grounded with the "adventure awaits" title, which was made from a chipboard Hello Thicker and a Cameo-cut, from Pink Pirouette cardstock, "awaits".  I also tossed a "REMEMBER" phrase sticker into the mix.
Moving clockwise from there, I tucked a "play" cut-apart, which I also used to journal the Never want to go home phrase, under the right side of the bottom right photo and topped it with a "smiles change the world" wood chip banner.
The entire design was grounded with a "Very little is needed to make a happy life" leatherette sticker.
I then fussy-cut a frame from a patterned print; adhered it in the top left corner of the bottom left-hand photo; and topped it with an "EXPLORE" die cut, which I used to journal a little information about my photos and popped up with foam tape, as well as a hand-cut, from patterned paper, butterfly.
To complete the sixth rectangle in the sketch below, I made a little pocket from a patterned paper, which I cut down to include the "Live simply. Dream big. Be grateful. Give love. Laugh lots." inspiration, stitched together, with a sheet of clear acetate, using white-threaded, straight, machine stitches.  Before completing that last length of stitches, I stuffed it with multicolored, plus sign die cuts and color-coordinating sequins.  A "HELLO" cut-apart, popped up with foam tape, completes the look.
Here's a reminder of that May Sketch #306 to get you off and creating in the right direction.
Don't forget to share your pages, on Facebook, Instagram, and/or Pinterest, with the tag #CreatingWithSketches.  We'd also love for you to add them to the inlinkz found at the challenge link above for a chance to win a fabulous prize from this month's sponsor, Cuts 2 Luv.  This is my final page as a member of the Creative Scrappers Design Team.  So, I also want to take just a minute to send out a HUGE thank you to Kristine for giving me the opportunity to not only bring her fabulous sketches to life but also to attempt to inspire each and every one of YOU.  I hope that I have done just that and that you'll continue to follow my creative journey on my blog, for it is by no means coming to a close.  I'm just slowing down a bit to help me get the most out of a short summer with my kiddos.  Thanks, as always, for humbling us with a visit today, Creative Scrappers friends!  Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment