03 May 2017

Magical / Sketch 306 by Suzanna Lee

Hey there sketch fans!! Back to my regularly scheduled Creative Scrappers posting, more towards the front of the month. When the creative juices are waxing or I just want to crank out a layout without much shuffling, it's always fun to work with grid layouts. This month's sketch can be as simple as it looks or much more involved, it's all up to you.

As you can see, the sketch is pretty simple; 6 rectangular shapes that are biased to the right hand side of the page and three embellishment clutters. The options are endless! This is what I created with it;


I went pretty literal with my interpretation. Instead of a single picture, I did use two. I also changed the location of the title. I have a subtitle of sorts in place of the title however.


Unfortunately, there isn't a process video to go with this layout this month. I had a limited amount of time and, as quick as this layout came together, there wouldn't have been much of a video.


I really wanted this layout to reflect the Harry Potter/Hogwart's Express colors. Rather than cut into whole sheets of paper, I used scraps from my scrap collection. There are some OLD pieces of patterned paper here!

 That's it from me today!

Our sponsor this month is Cuts 2 Luv. They have such cute badges and they are available in English and French :) Love that !!!
You can follow them on Facebook,  Instagram and shop.

As always, we would love for you to play along! Remember to tag us #CreatingWithSketches #CSSketch306 on Instagram and Facebook. A great prize from Cuts 2 Luv is up for grabs to one lucky winner at the end of the month!


2 comments:

  1. Fantastic! I was just on the Hogswart Express myself a few weeks ago, so I might just have to lift this idea. Thanks for the inspiration! Gail

    ReplyDelete