12 May 2017

XO Forever Yours | Majken Pullin, Sketch 306

Hello sketchy friends!

I'm so glad you could stop by today.  So how are you liking the May sketch so far?  There are so many possibilities and you can use up to 6 photos with it! Let's continue the inspiration for Sketch 306.  Today I'm using Simple Stories Love & Adore collection - I just love the colors and they are so springy.  


I really had to use that green flower paper as my base, and I decided it needed a frame.  I offset the frame of white textured cardstock, then I sewed a seam on the inside and ran my finger (carefully!  Who wants a paper cut while crafting?  Not me!  LOL) underneath to give the edge some dimension.




My next step was to position my photos and other rectangles to rearrange them until I liked how they looked.  I created a base for my two photos by mixing Gesso with reinkers.  You don't have to use it just white!  I mixed it until I got the shade I liked and painted it slightly larger than my photos.  



While that dried, I downloaded some of the Love & Adore cut files from the Silhouette store.  I cut out the scalloped heart, the envelope, and "adore".  I placed the heart strips where I wanted them and sewed each one.



From there, it was a matter of placing the photos, journaling, title, and embellishment areas.

Finally I added a corner "anchor" to the top left to give the layout some balance.  I hand-cut the scallops on that one and fussycut a flower bunch from one of the papers.



Don't be afraid to rotate or change up your takes on the sketch in a fun way!  

Please share your layouts on Instagram and tag us (@CreativeScrappers) with the hashtag #CSSketch305 and #CreatingWithSketches!  

Finally, come follow me on my Instagram and blog where I share layouts, cards, and other paper crafts.

Have a great weekend!
Majken








2 comments: